We encourage the kids to memorize these important parts of documents and songs unique to our country. For each one passed off to a leader, they will earn a prize. Feel free to help them at home!
The Pledge of Allegiance
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All.
A Piece of the Declaration of Independence
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain
unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. —That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,...”
The Preamble to the U.S. Constitution
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
The Articles of the U.S. Constitution
I. Legislative Branch
II. Executive Branch
III. Judicial Branch
IV. States Relations
V. Amending the Constitution
VI. The U.S. Constitution is the Supreme Law
of the Land
The Bill of Rights
1. Religion, Speech, Press, Assembly, Petition
2. Bear Arms
3. Solders stay only by consent
4. Person, Properties, Papers, Personal Effects
5. Not witness against self, right to remain silent. I plead the fifth.
6. Right to an attorney and trial by jury
7. Trial by Common Law once
8. No excessive bail, fines, or punishments
9. As the constitution is amended, the Bill of Rights will be preserved
10. Other powers reserved to the states of to the people.